Comments, Suggestions and Complaints

At Kirkby Family Medical Centre our aim is to provide the highest standard of care to all of our patients.  We welcome all feedback from our patients and recognise that patients have the right to make a complaint if they believe they have a genuine grievance.
Making a complaint:
If you have any complaints or concerns about the service you have received from the practice please let us know.
We hope that most problems can be resolved easily and quickly at the time they arise.  If your problem cannot be resolved in this way and you wish to make a complaint it would be helpful if you could let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks.  If this is not possible the practice should be notified of the incident that caused the problem within 6 months or within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided that is within 12 months of the incident.
Complaints may be made in person, ask to speak to the practice manager or in writing.  Written complaints should be addressed to the practice manager who will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.
Complaining on behalf of someone else:
Please note that the practice keeps strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be required, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability.
What we will do:
The aim of our complaints procedure is to settle any complaints as quickly as possible.  
We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have looked into the matter within 10 working days of the date you raised it with us.
We will aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong.
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like to do so.
- Make sure you receive an apology, where appropriate.
- Identify what we can do to ensure that the problem does not happen again.
We hope that if you have a problem you will use the practice complaints procedure.  If you feel that you cannot raise your complaint with us you can contact NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, Worcestershire, B87 9PT or by calling 0300 311 22 33 or by email addressed to 
If, after everything has been done to try to resolve your concern or complaint, you remain unhappy with the response you receive, you have the right to approach the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.  The Ombudsman’s complaints helpline can be contacted on 0345 015 4033 or by visiting
The NHS Complaints Advocacy Service offers free, independent advice to patients who need help in making a complaint.   POhWER  can be contacted on 0300 200 0084
Help us to get it right:
We constantly try to improve the service we offer.  Please let us know when you think we have done something well or if you have any suggestions as to how we can do something better.